It’s not just sweet recipes in Tea and Cake.
- 10 g (2/3 oz) dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 250 g (9oz) wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80 ml (2 ½ fl oz / 1/3 cup) white wine
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley or basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 35 savoury tart shells
- Fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves, for garnish
- Pour 250 ml (9 fl oz/ 1 cup) boiling water over the porcini mushrooms and leave for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the porcini and soaking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened and translucent. Add the wild mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and porcini and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the reserved liquid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hot mushroom mixture into the tart shells. Garnish with the parsley leaves.